"Twas The Night Before Jesus Came"

'Twas the night before Jesus came and all through the house Not a creature was praying, not one in the house. Their Bibles were lain on the shelf without care In hopes that Jesus would not come there. The children were dressing to crawl into bed. Not once ever kneeling or bowing a head.And Mom in her rocker with baby on her lap Was watching the Late Show while I took a nap. When out of the East there arose such a clatter. I sprang to my feet to see what was the matter. Away to the window I flew like a flash, Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash! When what to my wondering eyes should appear But angels proclaiming that Jesus was here. With a light like the sun sending forth a bright ray I knew in a moment this must be THE DAY! The light of His face made me cover my head It was Jesus! returning just like He had said. And though I possessed worldly wisdom and wealth, I cried when I saw Him in spite of myself. In the Book of Life which He held in His hand Was written the name of every saved man. He spoke not a word as He searched for my name; When He said "it's not here" my head hung in shame. The people whose names had been written with love He gathered to take to His Father above. With those who were ready He rose without a sound. While all the rest were left standing around. I fell to my knees, but it was too late; I had waited too long and thus sealed my fate. I stood and I cried as they rose out of sight; Oh, if only I had been ready tonight. In the words of this poem the meaning is clear; The coming of Jesus is drawing near. There's only one life and when comes the last call We'll find that the Bible was true after all!

written by Unknown Author

Friday, May 28, 2010

Womanhood

1- Womanhood should be a beautiful thing. It has however been cheapened by the media and men in general. They have taken women of that Godly pedastal and put her instead on the runway of a strip joint.(hope that makes sense, it does to me lol)

2- I have not always been a christian. My ideas on womanhood have changed alot. I used to think that it was ok for a woman to be partly dressed and that being gawked at by other men was a compliment to my then boyfriend/husband. I truly thought i was sexy. Those men thought so too. But that is all that i was. A shell. Empty inside. I see that i have a purpose now. That my beauty is indeed only for my husband and i have been teaching that very same thing to our daughters. When our son is old enough to truly understand, he will also be taught how he should view women. And How they should indeed be treated.

3- Because she has the courage it takes to be what God wants her to be. The kind of wife He expects her to be. She is commited to her husband and her home. She is not afraid of what others say about the woman she has become. She knows that some put her down for it but she is setting an example even if they are too blind to see it.

4- Feminists. By this i mean bra burning mamas lol although there are days when i want to burn my own . I am all for being a woman but there is a point where i say hey, you know what, nope i'm not doing that for the sake of being "free".


5- Naomi, She has incredible strength although i also admire Ruth for choosing to stay with her mother inlaw even though she had no more sons to give. And the words she speaks to her mother inlaw are also great. I guess i do not have a great answer for that question just that i admire them both.

6- Qualities God admires: That they be teachers of the youger women, they know how to love their husbands and children, they are discreet and obedient.
Qualities God does not admire: False accuser, not sober clear minded women, unholy women.

7- The qualities i esteem are in line with what is written. Now to be that woman is awful hard. I have not even been close for quite some time. But i am getting back on track.

8- That the woman be clear minded, sober and be an obedient woman to God and husband.

9- I do not know that i understand this question. Does it not mean that she be worshipful?

10- Oh Goodness this one is good as i love these passages. there is so much said of this tongue.


I will say that I myself have used my tongue in such a way to shame me to the very spirit that is within me.

James 3:6
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.


11- temperance
(noun) 1 : moderation in action, thought, or feeling : RESTRAINT ; 2 a : habitual moderation in the indulgence of the appetites or passions; b : moderation in or abstinence from the use of intoxicating drink .

It is important for a woman not to be a drunk and given to much wine because she as well as her husband has a job to do. First she must praise and worship God, second she must be obedient to her God and her husband and third she must be a mother to her children, How does one teach their daughters while being absent minded? She MUST be an example.

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Drop me a note and let me know what you think ~