"Twas The Night Before Jesus Came"

'Twas the night before Jesus came and all through the house Not a creature was praying, not one in the house. Their Bibles were lain on the shelf without care In hopes that Jesus would not come there. The children were dressing to crawl into bed. Not once ever kneeling or bowing a head.And Mom in her rocker with baby on her lap Was watching the Late Show while I took a nap. When out of the East there arose such a clatter. I sprang to my feet to see what was the matter. Away to the window I flew like a flash, Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash! When what to my wondering eyes should appear But angels proclaiming that Jesus was here. With a light like the sun sending forth a bright ray I knew in a moment this must be THE DAY! The light of His face made me cover my head It was Jesus! returning just like He had said. And though I possessed worldly wisdom and wealth, I cried when I saw Him in spite of myself. In the Book of Life which He held in His hand Was written the name of every saved man. He spoke not a word as He searched for my name; When He said "it's not here" my head hung in shame. The people whose names had been written with love He gathered to take to His Father above. With those who were ready He rose without a sound. While all the rest were left standing around. I fell to my knees, but it was too late; I had waited too long and thus sealed my fate. I stood and I cried as they rose out of sight; Oh, if only I had been ready tonight. In the words of this poem the meaning is clear; The coming of Jesus is drawing near. There's only one life and when comes the last call We'll find that the Bible was true after all!

written by Unknown Author

Thursday, June 3, 2010

PREPARING FOR YOUR LIFE-CHANGING JOURNEY


In spite of today's staggering moral decline, there are growing signs GOD is mightily touching His people. A rising number of believers and churches are seeing miraculous moves of GOD's Spirit. In fact, some churches are experiencing things so incredible only GOD can explain what is happening!

Yet, you may well ask, "If GOD is so mightily at work, why am I not experiencing His mighty presence and power? Why are other churches seeing such phenomenal moves of the Spirit and yet we are not?" The good news is you can experience GOD's mighty presence and power. GOD definitely wants to move in your life and your church!
However, there is a key requirement for experiencing GOD's power in your life and church. It is found in Isaiah 59:1-2: "Behold the LORD's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save: neither His ear heavy that it cannot hear: But your iniquities have separated between you and your GOD, and your sins have hid His face from you, that He will not hear."

My friend, do you see the crucial point? Though GOD is willing to touch His people unconfessed sin has blocked His mighty answers to prayer. In order to move in power, GOD requires deep cleansing and repentance among His people. Psalm 66:18 makes this crystal clear: "If I regard iniquity in my heart, the LORD will not hear me."

If our nation is to avert much-deserved judgement, believers must admit immediately return to the knowledge that GOD is infinitely holy. He simply will not move if unconfessed sin remains in the lives of His children! For this very reason, GOD seems distant to many believers. Because of unconfessed sin, crucial prayers go unanswered and countless believers live in defeat and pain. If you hope to experience GOD's mighty power and blessing, thorough daily confession is not an option, it is absolutely essential!

The sad reality is that many believers have confession times that are far too infrequent and shallow. Because we tend to quickly rush through confession times, many sins have "built up" between us and GOD. Usually we are not even aware how seriously the Holy Spirit is quenched in our lives. But do not despair! Through level of confession and cleansing that will utterly change your life. After all, GOD's Word will not return void!

Thank GOD for the rising number of believers who desire to purify their hearts. All across America, pastors are beginning to lead their congregations to embrace this biblical process of cleansing and repentence. Typically it is done in a specific period ranging from one week to forty days. Some churches ask discipleship training groups to pray and work through the Scripture guide. Still others ask all active church members to pray through the resources on their own. Many churches conclude the cleansing emphasis with churchwide revival meetings or solemn assemblies. {Though that is not required.} This resource is also designed to be a preparation tool for annual revival meetings. Regardless of the format used, when GOD's people experience full biblical repentance, the results are phenomenal! Whether the cleansing is churchwide, small group or individual, you will experience an awesome release of GOD's presence {James 4:8}.

In Isaiah 1:18, our loving Father is giving a glorious invitation to every person reading this Blog. "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD, though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool."

In 1 John 1:9, GOD gives a further promise, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." Friend, there is no reason you cannot learn to experience GOD's total forgiveness and cleansing on a daily basis. A victorious relationship with GOD is not out of your reach!

No matter how much you've struggled, you can experience a miraculous cleansing and filling of GOD's Spirit! However, this will not happen with some brief, casual prayer time. The Psalmist says you must be willing to let GOD search your heart. "Search me, O GOD, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting" {Psalm 139:23-24}.

Serious cleansing requires regularly getting alone with GOD for a thorough examination of your life. In the coming posts, you will discover a practical way any believer can experience deep daily cleansing. If you sincerely seek GOD through simple biblical process, He will totally revolutionize your life! Yet before you begin your journey, it is crucial to grasp the foundation of your victory over sin. That foundation is none other than JESUS CHRIST living in you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Drop me a note and let me know what you think ~