"Twas The Night Before Jesus Came"

'Twas the night before Jesus came and all through the house Not a creature was praying, not one in the house. Their Bibles were lain on the shelf without care In hopes that Jesus would not come there. The children were dressing to crawl into bed. Not once ever kneeling or bowing a head.And Mom in her rocker with baby on her lap Was watching the Late Show while I took a nap. When out of the East there arose such a clatter. I sprang to my feet to see what was the matter. Away to the window I flew like a flash, Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash! When what to my wondering eyes should appear But angels proclaiming that Jesus was here. With a light like the sun sending forth a bright ray I knew in a moment this must be THE DAY! The light of His face made me cover my head It was Jesus! returning just like He had said. And though I possessed worldly wisdom and wealth, I cried when I saw Him in spite of myself. In the Book of Life which He held in His hand Was written the name of every saved man. He spoke not a word as He searched for my name; When He said "it's not here" my head hung in shame. The people whose names had been written with love He gathered to take to His Father above. With those who were ready He rose without a sound. While all the rest were left standing around. I fell to my knees, but it was too late; I had waited too long and thus sealed my fate. I stood and I cried as they rose out of sight; Oh, if only I had been ready tonight. In the words of this poem the meaning is clear; The coming of Jesus is drawing near. There's only one life and when comes the last call We'll find that the Bible was true after all!

written by Unknown Author

Thursday, June 3, 2010

II Corinthians 10:5

"Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ."


Questions for Reflection: Carefully and honestly reflect on the type of thoughts that occupy your mind. Is your mind filled with thoughts of CHRIST or consumed with earthly issues? Do you think far more about work or recreation than spiritual growth and serving CHRIST? Are you filled with unclean thoughts? Are you plagued with fearful or angry thoughts? Write down any sinful thought pattern GOD brings to your attention. For each one, say 5 Hail Mary's and 2 acts of contrition, Just kiddin!!!! {I use to be catholic before I got saved, and I just thought I would throw that in, to see if y'all are paying attention!!!!!!} Now for real...For each one, ask GOD's forgiveness and trust Him to renew your mind {Romans 12:2} Resolve to take every thought captive to the LORDship of CHRIST. What specific thoughts should replace the ones that are worldly?



Matthew 5:28- "But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." {Ladies this goes both ways, ya know?}

Questions for Reflection: Do lustful, unclean thoughts frequently occupy your mind? Do you watch programs or movies that stimulate improper thoughts and feelings? Are you conscious of unclean thoughts or motives? Do you often have thoughts you would be ashamed for others to know? Do you have wondering eyes?

If you sense GOD's conviction, be specific in your confession. Decide how you are going to change your thoughts to remove the patterns of sin. Be specific about the thoughts you need to change. It is vital that you replace unclean thoughts with other thoughts that focus on CHRIST. Memorizing key Scriptures will provide a powerful tool for removing inappropriate thoughts. Every time an unclean thought arises, you can replace it with Scripture and a prayerful focus on GOD. If you follow this process, you will soon have a brand new mind! {Romans 12:2}

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Drop me a note and let me know what you think ~