"Twas The Night Before Jesus Came"

'Twas the night before Jesus came and all through the house Not a creature was praying, not one in the house. Their Bibles were lain on the shelf without care In hopes that Jesus would not come there. The children were dressing to crawl into bed. Not once ever kneeling or bowing a head.And Mom in her rocker with baby on her lap Was watching the Late Show while I took a nap. When out of the East there arose such a clatter. I sprang to my feet to see what was the matter. Away to the window I flew like a flash, Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash! When what to my wondering eyes should appear But angels proclaiming that Jesus was here. With a light like the sun sending forth a bright ray I knew in a moment this must be THE DAY! The light of His face made me cover my head It was Jesus! returning just like He had said. And though I possessed worldly wisdom and wealth, I cried when I saw Him in spite of myself. In the Book of Life which He held in His hand Was written the name of every saved man. He spoke not a word as He searched for my name; When He said "it's not here" my head hung in shame. The people whose names had been written with love He gathered to take to His Father above. With those who were ready He rose without a sound. While all the rest were left standing around. I fell to my knees, but it was too late; I had waited too long and thus sealed my fate. I stood and I cried as they rose out of sight; Oh, if only I had been ready tonight. In the words of this poem the meaning is clear; The coming of Jesus is drawing near. There's only one life and when comes the last call We'll find that the Bible was true after all!

written by Unknown Author

Sunday, March 28, 2010

I disappoint myself sometimes

I know this is my first post since I started this Blog, but it took me a while to set it up and then I had to stop, children needing me. I do not get on the computer everyday, except to check my emails and then I usually have to get off here. But today I have a few minutes while dinner is cooking and the babies are sleeping.

I was very disappointed in myself yesterday. I was very ill with the girls, one of the babies was sick and I allowed the girls to just sit around and watch movies. And it seemed all they did was argue and fight and make alot of noise. So in turn, I was very irritable and fussed and yelled a bit at them. I know that is not "teaching them", at all very well. I hate it when I'm tired and everything seems to go wrong that day and the babies are crying or sick and the girls are fussing. Well it just makes for a bad day and my nerves and patience seems to be tested. And when I "fail" the test I fail myself and my children, not to leave out and most importantly, I fail the Lord, too.

Well since this is my first post here I will tell a little about myself and my family. We live on a small 8 acre farm with 5 Horses, 7 chickens & 1 rooster, 2 dogs and 4 "STRAY" cats that were left here by the old tenants. I am not a cat person, but my girls knew what would happen if taken to the pound. Well I'm a sucker for their crying tenderly, so we allowed them to stay...OUTSIDE!!! LOL

I have 5 children, 2 are grown and on their own. I have an almost 10 year old girl, 5 year old girl, a girl 1 1/2 and I have custody of my 20 month old special needs grandson. He is sweet as can be and is quiet most of the time, but does require a bit of extra care. He is as I said 20 months old, but it is as if he was only 2 or 3 months old. He can not hold up his head and can only turn have way on his belly. It tears my heart up and I tell him all the time, "Come on baby, get up and crawl and run around like your Aunt and get into things!!" He has therapists 4 days a week and another one who comes twice a month also. So it gets a bit...well it interrupts our day. Not to mention it feels like we have people over ALL the time. We have had him since July 8th 2009.

We have had a garden some, in the past, but this year we are planning on having a huge garden. We are planning to live off the land as much as we can. I use to sew ALOT, but since getting my grandson and my littlest one getting older and into things and just plain like having twins, I haven't had much free time to sew. But I am hoping to get back into it again here real soon. We are getting a milk cow or calf or two this Spring and we will be having FRESH milk, butter, and ice cream from them. We gather and eat eggs from our chickens and we are also thinking of getting a goat for goat milk soap.

We have taken foster care classes and are thinking of fostering or adopting a couple more girls in maybe about 8 months or so. One about 9 and one about 5, the girls are wanting "sisters" each their own age.

We home school our children and yes I shelter them from the world as much as I can. I want them to stay as innocent for as long as they can. People have said, "Well they will learn about it all sometime and then the world will eat them up." That is not always true. You CAN prepare them without them having to "experience" it all. I have experienced it all, just about when I was growing up. I was raised Catholic and well, my lands my Daddy use to bring the keg to the Church picnics. My brother use to grow pot in the back yard, that is till I ratted on him! And I was pretty much able to go and do what I wanted as long as my parents never found out. So it is REAL hard to pull the wool over my eyes, especially after my oldest daughter, she is now 21 and it is her child that I am raising. I trusted her and allowed her to "have a life" and she sure showed me that you can NOT let your children roam around, spend the night with others and even go to public school!

Well I reckon I have went on enough and I have had to stop and come back to write this off and on all day.

Have a great day,

~Christian Country Mama~


No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Drop me a note and let me know what you think ~